Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bring on 2014. It's got to be better, doesn't it?

G'day. I don't feel very much in the Christmas spirit at the moment and if it hasn't hit me by now, then I think it's fair to say that it won't before the big day !!! 

I have put out a few decorations. I am not that mean. This Santa is one that I made many, many moons ago, when I was doing ceramics. He's a little over 2 foot high and he always brings a smile to my face when I see him.



Now, I really must show you the beautiful shabby chic cupboard that was given to me recently. A friend bought this for herself, got it home, didn't like it and promptly turned up my doorstep with it. When she realised that she didn't have anywhere for it, her first thought was "Liz will love this" So around she came bearing this lovely gift. Despite the very best effort on my part, she wouldn't accept any money for it and I am sure it wasn't cheap. I, of course just adore it.

Christmas will be a quiet affair for us this year. I am working Christmas Day and then after I finish we will be going to my son's home for tea. I have missed a bit of time off work again recently. I had a severe gallbladder attack last Monday. I was so bad that they thought they might have to send me to Melbourne by ambulance, to one of the bigger hospitals to operate. Luckily, that didn't happen. After a decent dose of morphine, things settled down. The ultrasound showed I have an enlarged and infected gallbladder that will need to come out at some stage soon. I see the surgeon again this Wednesday. When I saw him last week, he was reluctant to do anything just yet, mainly because of all the cancer treatment I have had and am still having. But, my guess is he will want to take it out early in the New Year. 

My cancer treatments continue every three weeks. This will go through till April/May next year. Other than that all is just peachy here.

Our summer seems to be upon us. In my part of this beautiful country, we are expecting 40 degrees this coming Thursday. I am hoping that Christmas Day won't be a scorcher.

In case I don't post between now and the big day. I would like to wish everyone 
 a very Merry Christmas and may 2014 be a safe and happy one for you all. 

Take care.
Liz...






9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, dear Liz! It's so nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Liz..and yes I hope that 2014 finds much better health for you...and much happiness also!
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a lovely day with your family. I can imagine it is a bit hard for you to get into the jolly mood. I love your ceramic Santa. Very cheery. Nice score with the cupboard. It looks great. Best of luck for everything happening next year. 2014 will be a great year.
    Cheers,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you too Liz. How nasty to have been ill like that. Love your newly gifted drawers. Santa is cute too. Hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liz

    You have had a rough time of it!

    Here's hoping you have a lovely, calm Christmas and that the year ahead will be full of serenity and beauty and a long, long life for you and yours.

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, your definition of things being peachy is the most stoic, optimistic one I know! You bring Australian sunshine with every word. I hope you'll have a very merry Christmas and a new year full of healing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, I was just reading up on a few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks~

    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Liz
    Best wishes from our part of Vic - going to be warm here as well tomorrow. Got back the other day and am still walking around in a daze - like you haven't felt the Christmas spirit yet. When is it? Oh yes in 7 days time, best be away and do something I suppose
    Love to you and I know 2014 will be better for you than all the recent ones put together
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you, Liz! I like your Santa. I have a similar one a friend made for me, though mine is from plastic canvas and hangs on the door. He makes me smile, too. We are having a bit of unusual summer warm weather here, so I'm out the door to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete