Friday, December 30, 2011

My red front door.

G'day. I came home from work last Wednesday to find hubby had painted the front door "Indian Red". Now, I have long said that I intend to get a stained glass front door at some stage, but, have not been able to find one that I like. So, until that happens, hubby got tired of looking at a plain wooden door.

Surprisingly it's not a bad color. It has kind of grown on me (bad luck if it didn't !!!). I did say to hubby that maybe the recessed areas of the door would look nice painted cream, but I don't think hubby was impressed with my suggestion. I got "The Look",  so to speak. Now, the other side of the door is pretty spiffy as well, this is a glorious white and really does look great. It has made a huge difference to the front door area. Hubby has, as usual done a very good job.

Well, it's New Years day here tomorrow and I have to work. Oh well, some people have to keep the country running I suppose !!!

Our street here, has a "street party" every New Years eve. This is held at one of the neighbours homes and we have been invited. It will be a chance for us to get to know a few more people and of course, for them to meet us. It won't be a late night for me, because of working tomorrow, but, hubby may stay and see the New Year in.

 I am not big on making New Years resolutions as I don't tend to keep them, but, my goal this coming year is to keep losing weight and  to enjoy everyday to the best of my abilities and to nurture my family and friends in every way possible. My son and I went to Europe last year for three weeks and we had an absolute ball, so much so, that we plan to do it again, though this time we will just go to France. I have tried to talk my daughter into coming as well, but Europe doesn't hold much interest for her. This next trip will be early 2013, so plans for that will be exciting and something to look forward to.

 I also look forward to reading more of the wonderful blogs that I follow. You are a great bunch. I wish I could meet you all. I greatly appreciate your comments and the time taken to write them. To you, my friends. Happy New Year... Take care. Liz...

5 comments:

  1. Well played that man! The door looks splendid!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool front door! The party sounds like a nice way to bring in the new year. We had a little party at lunch time so it doesn't matter if we fall asleep :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color -- it's very similar to the doors and shutters we have in France! Happy New Year, Liz -- have really enjoyed reading about your adventures 'down under'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely colour - sort of plummy... It's so difficult to choose a colour for the front door - I tried several in England, and they all looked good on the shade card, but not so good on the door. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New door color for the New Year! Changing it from plain white to vibrant red was a good idea, but I still hope that you’d be able to achieve your dream stained glass front door. It will surely make a huge difference to the overall appeal of your house.

    -Davis Cassinelli

    ReplyDelete