Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas

G'day. I have been a bit quiet on the blog front of late and am ashamed to say that I haven't kept up with reading all the blogs that I follow. Time to do everything my friends, has been against me. My place of paid employment has taken up more time than would be usual. Some weeks have seen me working six days. Trying to cram as much as possible into one free day is not easy.

It's now 6.05am here in my beautiful part of Oz. I have been awake for some time, with thoughts and plans for the day swirling around in my head. Our Christmas  lunch plans have now changed somewhat. Because I am working both Christmas Day and Boxing Day, we were going to have our big traditional lunch at my son's home on the Monday, Christmas Eve, but, alas that has now been changed and after hasty re-arrangements, lunch will be held today, Saturday. Due to staff shortages, I am now working Sunday through to Thursday. I could of course say no, but for some reason, that is not a word that comes easily to me. I have a strong commitment to my job, a job that I love. Before agreeing to work, I did talk to my son and daughter and they were both happy to change our day and so hubby and I are heading down to Keysborough where my son lives, for a grand Christmas feast. As my daughter said to me, it doesn't matter what day we celebrate, the main thing is we celebrate it together. How lovely is that.

The picture of the angel was taken in my son's backyard, shortly after he moved in. The area behind  and around the statue is now all garden, with lots of roses in it. He too, is a rose lover.

Well, it's only three weeks or so now till son and I fly to France. How quickly the time has gone since we first started arranging this adventure. We are now getting very excited. I am looking forward greatly to meeting my blog friend Penny who lives in France. Penny and I participated in a craft swap some time ago and have kept in touch. Penny's son lives in Paris and she has kindly arranged to visit him while we are there, so we can meet for the first time. How fabulous.

 My only concern is that we might not be prepared for the cold, which I have been warned about by a good friend, who just happens to be French and lives not far from me. Oh well, I am sure we will be just fine and will love every minute of it, cold or not. I will have lots of pictures to share when we return.

It's now time for me to start getting a few things done here, we will be leaving in a couple of hours to go to my son's. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year be a safe and extremely happy one for you. I have greatly appreciated the comments that have been left on my blog, over the last year. I think of you all as my friends and I wish you nothing but good health and happiness.

Take care. Liz...

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Liz! Or should I say, "Joyeux Noel"?! I have loved sunny visits to Oz and look forward to reading you often in 2013 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Liz! I'm so looking forward to our meeting! Don't work too hard.

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family Liz. I also wish you a wonderful Holiday as well.

    ReplyDelete