Monday, January 14, 2013

One more sleep.

G'day. Tomorrow my son and I leave for France. Hard to believe that it has at last come around. This trip has been planned for many, many months and we are one sleep away from this much awaited holiday.

The weather has been very hot in my part of North Central Victoria where we live and we will be going to very cold conditions, it will be interesting.

Fires throughout Australia have been extremely bad this summer so far. I can't remember ever hearing of so many bushfires happening at once. The temperatures here have reached into the middle 40's on numerous days. One day it reached 45, it was a scorcher, the north wind was fearsome. The loss of homes have been enormous and sadly there has now been one fatality. A fire fighter has lost his life fighting a fire in Tasmania. It's one of the terrible prices we pay for living in this beautiful sunburnt country.

I look forward to posting pictures on this blog of our adventures in Paris, when we return. Hubby is staying home to keep the house and garden in order. I know it is in good hands.

Take care.
Liz...

7 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time in Paris it is a great city. Do go to Galeries Lafayette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Paris! I'm so happy you're going; plus I get to see all your photos. Have a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage- c'est tres passionnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, you must be so excited. I wish you a wonderful trip and I look forward to reading about your adventures.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liz lucky you! Have a wonderful time away...and I look forward to reading and seeing the photos from your adventure abroad...

    have the fires been anywhere near you?
    the closest one to us was at Kangaroo Ground, (quite a distance, and they say deliberately lit....mongrels!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz - you left a comment on our blog - thank you.
    Hope you and your son have a great time in France. Its almost become our Rosebud. Hook up the caravan and spend your holiday in Rosebud. Paris and France is our Rosebud but only every two years.
    Have Fun
    Leon and Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time, Liz! How exciting! I can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete