Thursday, July 12, 2012

My first daffodils.


G'day. These three daffodils have been out for a little while now. I was really pleased to see them, as daffy's are a particular favourite of mine. When we owned the farm, I mass planted them and they looked spectacular. Here, all I have are a few, but I will plant many more next year. We hope to start the garden in the front yard at some stage soon and by this time next year, I hope to have a blaze of yellow running through it with the lovely daffodils.Surprisingly, I haven't seen any in the front yards of any of the houses in our street, so no doubt I will have the neighbours all a goggle!!


The next two photos have nothing at all to do with flowers as you can see, but I thought I would show you my latest purchases, only because I got them at such low prices, they were too good to pass up. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow (Sat) and it is being held outside, in a back yard. We are in winter here in Australia and in my neck of the woods it is particularly cold at the moment and tomorrow is meant to be wet, cold and generally miserable. The bride is not only celebrating getting married but also it's her 40th birthday. Being a sensible woman, the bride told people in the invitations not to wear any high heels or fancy clothes etc, but to dress warmly.Smart casual being the go.  She has also said she wants to see people wearing jeans. I was a bit concerned about buying a new pair of good black pants as I am still losing weight (17.5 kg now) and any pants will be too big for me in a few months, if not less (I hope), so I have decided to do as the bride says and wear jeans, but I had no jacket that fitted, they all swam on me and looked terrible. Target were having a clearance of all their winter coats and lucky me happened to be there at the right time and I got these two lovelies that were reduced heavily. They really were just too cheap to let go. By this time next year, they will probably be too big, but what the heck, no doubt I will still get some great wear out of them. I am thinking of wearing the burnt orange one to the wedding, though the white looks great as well. My jeans are black as are my stockings and shoes, my scarf is off white. Yes, definitely the orange. What do you think? Take care. Liz...




6 comments:

  1. I agree with you -- the orange! Sounds like a most sensible bride...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely new warm coats..well done on the bargains!

    and yes I agree, the burnt orange one, it sounds and looks lovely...

    you're lucky to have the daffs out so early...mine are just shooting up the flower spikes!

    love your new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have a lovely outfit, for a wedding or whatever! Still losing weight? You must have a great formula going for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love daffodils and I can picture yours when you have the whole garden bed ablaze with them. As to your coats...yep, definitely the orange. You'll look stunning with the black pants.
    And what about your weight!!!! You're really losing it aren't you? Good for you. My daughter has just started with Weight Watchers and has lost 2.8 ks in two weeks...it's a really great programme isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to hate daffodils hen I lived in the UK - they were everywhere - in some very odd places. But in France I hardly ever see any so now I hanker after them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. g'day Liz, What a great job losing weight. I need to do that. Are you following any special diet? We have the same daffodils in our garden-- I love them, too.

    ReplyDelete