Sunday, September 30, 2012

An Aussie breakfast

G'day. We have had a very busy weekend here. On Saturday it was the Grand Final for one of our biggest sporting codes, The Australian Football League. We had the TV on throughout the day and I explained how the footy rules worked, to Ratty, Toad and Mole. The teams playing were The Sydney Swans and Hawthorn (the Hawks) I was barracking for The Hawks as they are a Melbourne based team, but sadly they lost by 10 points. I think it was all a bit much for my three new friends, as at one stage I checked on them and they were fast asleep.Sunday morning was a bit on the cool side, but hubby and I knew we were going to be spending the day getting another garden bed on the go and The Willow boys wanted to be part of the action, so a good breakfast was in order for them. Of course, being in Australia, they had to have toast and Vegemite. I think they really liked it as I caught Ratty trying to open the jar when he thought I wasn't looking.

They were most intrigued with my breakfast as well and couldn't wait to gobble some of it down. This is my favourite breakfast and I have it most days. It's porridge, kiwi fruit, strawberries and a banana. Very filling and healthy. 
Toad took a great liking to it and asked could he have his own bowl of it tomorrow please....

After many hours in the garden, it was time to come inside and I had to finish a fabric book that I had started some time ago. It was a good time to show Ratty, Toad and Mole a few of the animals that live in Australia and with the map on the back cover, the three travelers could see exactly where they are living at the moment in this beautiful big country that I call home. My state of Victoria is in the lower right hand side, just above the lovely island state of Tasmania (where I was born) We live just off to the right a fraction from the centre of Victoria. Ratty, Toad and Mole said they would love to go in a hot air balloon, but I told them that sadly that is not on the plans. They were all very disappointed.


"Strewth" (means an exclamation) said Mole, "That's a funny looking animal, what is it?" I said that this is a Kangaroo and in this book, his name is Hoppy and he goes walkabout and meets lots of other native Australian animals. "Can we meet them too"? asked Toad. So our adventures with Hoppy and some of our other Aussie animals will be in my next post.


Take care. Hooroo from Liz, Ratty, Toad and Mole...


4 comments:

  1. Liz, these boys aren't actually going to want to leave. Are they??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz
    Loved your breaksfast - porridge and banana are my morning regulars, kiwi fruit and strawberries I take 'on the side' during the day. Of course toast and vegemite can be had any time of the day - good pick me up lol
    Just by chance I did find Siege in the library - LP but not to worry I'll be able to see the words more clearly. I'll let you know how I got on with it when I pick it up
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! How fun!
    Our Australian friends just arrived home in Sydney! We enjoyed them so much!
    Those Willows boys are quite cheeky. They are getting spoiled!
    You're so nice to host them, Liz! I put your blog on my blog roll finally! I won't miss a post from now on.
    Again, thank you for your wonderful part in The Grand Tour! (BIG HUG!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just showing my boys where the Willows are now- thy are MOST impressed at the globe that is being circumnavigated! They also want to know if the guys will meet a Tazmanian Devil??!

    ReplyDelete