Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's so jolly hot.

G'day. Well our hot weather here where I live in this beautiful Australia has hit good and proper. Yesterday when I got home from work at 4.00 pm I looked at the outside thermometer and it was sitting pretty on 45 degrees. We were only suppose to get 43!!!  

It's now 1.40pm Thursday afternoon and it's at 45.5 degrees. I would be surprised if it doesn't get to 46.  My poor rose flowers have faded and wilted despite all the watering over the last few days. The heat is just too much for them and me. I had to go out earlier this morning and at 10.00am here, it was already in the 30's. I did what I had to do very quickly and came back home and relaxed in air conditioned comfort.

The photo was taken 12 months ago in beautiful Paris. Oh, how the weather was so different there. My son and I were thrilled to see Paris with snow, while back home here, the heat was as bad as it is now. Bush fires were raging up in our high country, the state was sweltering.  I was getting news from hubby about the conditions back here, while son and I rugged up to beat the cold. I remember the guy from the hotel in Paris asking me about our weather as the bushfire and extreme heat was on the news over there. He couldn't believe that we experience temperatures in the middle 40's and that in some areas it can get to 50 degrees. All part of our life here, I explained. I must admit that I would most certainly like to be back in Paris about now.  I am a winter girl. Have never liked the summer. It can go take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Bring on the winter now please. 

Take care. 
Liz...

6 comments:

  1. It has been a shocker for you poor folks. Hope it cools off soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Liz I hope you can stay cool for most of the day! We are in the middle of winter but we had a warmer day yesterday and it was nice to run into the grocery store without my puffy jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I couldn't stand 45 degrees! I don't like the cold, but then I don't want the heat either. Just the extremes, I guess. I'm off to Paris again next week for a few days, so I'll be thinking of you.

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Liz
    Yes - it's turning into a scorcher of a week isn't it - wonder if the cool change will arrive and bring the rain with it.
    Thanks for dropping by and saying hello - how did the treatment go? Hope the other travellers were nice and polite, heat does strange things to people lol
    Take card
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sweltering, and we are freezing...
    Hope you enjoyed the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz,

    I can't imagine that kind of heat, especially when it is so far below freezing here-- -16c. We are having one of the coldest winters ever here, I wonder if our cold and your heat are somehow connected? I would like something in the middle.

    ReplyDelete