Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blocks for baby.

One of the staff at work is expecting her first child in a couple of months and seeing that there are a couple of others quilters where I work, I thought it would be nice if the three of us put together a small quilt for her as a gift.

Blocks had to be 12 1/4" square.

Lemon and cream the colours.

Two blocks with applique and two without.

Nothing to over the top was the style we were to adhere to as one of our group is just starting getting interested in quilting.

One of our threesome has not long bought the top of the range Bernina sewing machine (not me) and she has kindly agreed to put the quilt together when finished and do some lovely free motion quilting on it. I will do the binding.

It's a shame I didn't realise these blocks needed ironing before I took a picture of them, isn't it. Oh hum !!!

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment