Saturday, May 5, 2012

The rock gardens continue.

G'day. Well, I am on a roll. After yesterdays effort and finishing one rock garden, I decided today was as good a day as any to do another one.Thanks to everyone who commented on my previous rock garden post.

Thankfully this one was much smaller, but still required effort. If you look on the right hand corner, you will see that I have also started another, but have run out of rock. This one will have to wait for another time.In the one completed, I have two beautiful roses called Mothers Love. These were given to me by my two beautiful children on the occasion of my 60th birthday back in March. They are a little hard to see in the photo, but they are there, as well as a couple of small dahlia plants. Around the outside of this are Diosma bushes. These bushes were originally planted some time ago and are taking their own sweet time in growing. The large pot will have a rose put in it at some stage, to match the one opposit that is out of the picture. Slowly our garden is coming together.

My other exciting news is that I am going to Paris again. The date set is January next year.  My son and I have been talking about going back. We were there in June/ July 2010 and just loved it. So instead of talking about going, we decided to do something about it and have now booked and paid for our plane tickets. We are both brave (or silly) souls, so we thought we would try their winter. I have spoken to various friends / workmates who have been at that time of year and some have said we are mad, others have been a bit more lighthearted and have advised us to pack very warmly and have parted with comments like, it's bitterly cold, but beautiful. I take heart from the last one. This time, I won't have the double chin that you can see in the photo. It is now, if not quite gone, remarkably smaller, as am I. Son and I are very excited. Hubby will be having some "man" time on his own, though he does have our little dog to keep him company. I couldn't talk him into going. All he says is, been there, done that !!! All I have to do now is save, save, save. Take care. Liz...

4 comments:

  1. Youi will have a wonderful time! It can be cold but there are lots of shops to warm up in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris is always beautiful. My son has lived there for over 20 years and is still finding new stuff to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news, Liz. I am sure you will have a wonderful time no matter what the season. Paris always has something to offer a romantic soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fantastic Liz! I am sure it will be a wonderful time with your Son.
    You have been very busy with your gardens too. I love the eiffel tower photo.

    ReplyDelete