Monday, May 7, 2012

Sitting in the middle of a mess

G'day. It's my day off work and yet I have created so much work here for myself today that I know I would have been better off if I was at my paid employment. I got the brainwave !!! to do something about my sewing room. Actually this enlightening moment hit me a week or so ago, but I pretended not to notice it, but as some things do, it kept niggling at me.

I really had no intention of following through on this brainwave, but for some strange reason I found myself in the sewing room standing there like an idiot and thought "Right, lets get started" before I could stop myself. I was given a large old meat safe some years ago as a present and it has housed a lot of my sewing stuff, but I have now moved it (all by myself I might add) into the laundry where it will store my towels, this will free up my smallish linen cupboard. So, everything that was in the meat safe and believe me, you can cram a lot into a large space, is now sitting on the floor at my feet. In need of a distraction I decided to  write this blog. The photos shown have nothing to do with the mess I have created, but I thought this was as good a time as any to show them. The first one is what we see when sitting in our dining room. This is another area I dug out some time ago and it is now looking lovely.

One of my favourite bushes is this Salvia Hot Lips with it's bi colour red and white flowers. It look fabulous when in flower.


Another firm favourite are the Gaura bushes like this one. I have three of them in this area and they never fail to delight. This lot is called Perky Pink. When the wind blows and ruffles them, they look like lovely pink butterflies moving in the breeze on their long stalks. Just gorgeous.
Oh well, I can't put it off any longer, the mess will not just magically sort itself out and I had better get back to it. Take care. Liz...

3 comments:

  1. Your garden is lovely Liz...what a joy to look out onto that every day eh? I'm sure your new sewing room will look equally lovely when you get it done. Smiles - A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your garden photos!By now, you probably got your sewing room all in order and a new post is popping up. Really, this is what drives us, these pop up moments of immense work, thinking all our lives will go smoother if only...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some pretty plants going on. Going through your stash must be making you feel all creative - hope the meat safe gives out some inspirational stuff. Betty

    ReplyDelete