Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ah, I remember her well.

G'day. We have been in our new home nearly 12 months now. Actually it will be 12 months in July, but who's counting?Recently I decided to unpack a box that had been sitting looking at me every time I opened the wardrobe in the spare room and this is what I found.


I painted this large ceramic plate many years ago. It was a whimsical piece styled on myself. My hair was long and red (not natural) My body was plump and cuddly and at the time of writing this, it still is in parts. The mermaids tail is  something that I never managed to grow, but I though it suited the pose anyway. The green chaise lounge I had had for many a year and I just loved it. 


It brought a smile to my face to see this platter again. In some ways it is like looking at an old photo of myself as I thought I caught my likeness rather well. My hair is still long and flowing,the red was replaced by blonde, the plumpness is not quite so plump now, but hubby tells me I am still cuddly. The green chaise lounge lives in my sons house and is still much admired by all who see it. All in all, it is nice to see this old girl again. Shame about the tail not growing though. I think I would have made a good mermaid!! Take care. Liz...

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Liz and a lovely memory to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's a great plate to unpack and appreciate. It captures you wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you a wonderful artist? I love your plate. I too had a green velvet chaise many years ago...loved that thing. Loved your post Liz.

    ReplyDelete