Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentines Day.

G'day. It's the 14th of February. Valentines Day. When I walked out into the kitchen this morning, this was what was waiting for me on the bench. Thoughtfull hubby hadn't forgotten this special day. He was also thoughtful enough to get me a beautiful card with the Eiffel Tower on it, as he knows my love of France. I have been fortunate to visit that beautiful country twice now and am planning another trip either next year or the year after. 

Second photo is of the two old wheelbarrows that I had here. One had a few plants in it, the other was standing against the back fence. Hubby asked could he use them for herbs. He has always liked fresh herbs in salads and in a lot of the others foods we eat. He was left in charge of this project, as I was in hospital. I had my gallbladder out on Monday just gone and for the first time I didn't come out of the anaesthetic very good. Couldn't stop with the vomiting. This was no fun because it was causing me great pain every time it happened. Plus the cannula came out of the vein and when they tried to inject the pain killer in it stung like mad. I have had this happen a number of times now, so am well aware of the problem. They tried to get another cannula in, but my veins are tiny and they collapse when they see a sharp pointy needle coming towards them. So, it was tablets under the tongue. I have had quite a few operations in the past now and have never felt like this. I had to laugh because the nurse told me to keep coughing as this helps keep the lungs clear, trouble is it also causes intense pain at the major incision site. Anyway, I am now home safe and sound and taking it very easy? Hubby is looking after me very well indeed. He is a great cook as well, which is a huge bonus. I won't go hungry!!! 

Third photo is of my nearly completed outdoor table and chairs.  I ran out of primer. Some months ago now, I decided I wanted to get rid of our old table and chairs and have something more shabby chic. Something that was more "me". Sold original setting on eBay, bought the six mismatched chairs in dribs and drabs. Even had my daughter score one chair for me. Painted two chairs white, then blue over the top and distressed them. Other chairs were painted white and rubbed back in parts. Table was given to me free. Now bear in mind this all took a fair amount of elbow grease on my part. Table and four chairs had full lacquer on them, this had to be sanded off. I even went out and bought my own little sander, but all the fiddly bits had to be done by hand,. A mammoth job I might add. Anyway, table will have two coats of primer ( I have since bought more) followed by two coats of white paint. Top of table will be painted Duck Egg Blue, then distressed so white shows through in areas. As you can see, there is still a way to go. Once I am up and fully functional again, I will get it done. I am proud to say that this has been my project, hubby has not helped in any way, other than to suggest what sander to buy. 

Take care.
Liz...




3 comments:

  1. Sweet hubby...definitely a keeper. So sorry you have been so unwell Liz. Love the barrow herbs and lovely tables and chairs. Stay well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, and get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day, Liz! I'm glad you are recovering from your surgery, but I am so sorry for the discomfort you experienced. I love the table and chairs! Well done!

    ReplyDelete