Monday, March 14, 2011

Another beautiful day in paradise.

G'day. Well I can boast again about our beautiful weather conditions here, though in saying this I bear in mind that other parts of the world are not that fortunate. The terrible damage that Japan has suffered, the loss of life of which the toll keeps rising is simply heartbreaking and here I sit after finishing my workday in my lovely surroundings looking out onto the Cherry Tree Range that our property borders and I realise, not for the first time, how lucky we are and that really from one moment to the next we really don't know what life has in store for us, how suddenly everything can change. Yes, I do realise that there are things beyond our control and that we have had our share of disasters here in Australia over the years. The Black Saturday bushfires came very close to us here and at one stage we had to make the decision either to stay and fight the fire or go, thankfully the wind changed and all was well. One lot of friends lost five family members, three of which were very small children and other friends lost their home. I saw a saying in a book some years ago that was something along the lines of: No matter what happens, come the spring the daffodils will bloom again. They may not be the exact words, but, I think you know what I am getting at. The photo is looking from our back yard across the paddocks that are part of our property. A storm was approaching and it looked so beautiful that I just had to take a pic of it. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment