Tuesday, March 15, 2011

G'day. Well, I am home from work much earlier than normal, something seems to have upset my normally robost stomach. Anyway I didn't want to pass any bugs on to my workmates, so decided to hit the road and rest up at home. But, as usual as soon as I walked in the door I saw that I had things to do and I am the type that likes to get things out of the way before resting. I can't just lay on the couch and read a book if I know something need cleaning, fixing or whatever. It's always at the back of my mind that it's patiently waiting for my attention, so best to get it out of the way if I want any kind of peace. Hubby, bless his heart had traisped dirt and  mud onto the kitchen floor in his hurry to retrieve something he had left on the kitchen table. He explained he didn't have time to take off his boots and really didn't think he had made any mess at all, but he couldn't dally and ponder  his deed as a bull had gotten out of one of the paddocks. This of course all happened while I was at my work, so I was not impressed to have a clean up job awaiting me, crook tummy and all. But, it's done now and hubby did make a point of telling me that I need not worry about the bull as he too was safe and sound. I wonder why he thought I was worried about the jolly bull. Did I look concerned, did I ask was the bull ok, was I distressed about the fat lazy bull getting out? NO, no and no. As I said, this all happened while I was blissfully unaware of what the bull was up to. Mind you he is a nice bull, even if he is fat and lazy and I know he would have just trotted back in the paddock with hubby behind him on the quad bike. Anyway reading that book while reclining on the couch sounds very inviting and I may just make my way there in a minute. The photo is looking across one of our paddocks not far from the house. The old grey dead tree is simply stunning in it's own right. We have left it standing as sometimes we make a feature of it when we have a gathering of family and friends around. These huge get togethers are usually once a year around October and we hang lights from the tree and at night it is a sight to behold. Of course hubby has to climb to attatch the lights and the power cord is extremely long to reach to the old dairy which is the grey building on the left, this is also where my chook house is.I will miss these gatherings when we leave here, though we will still have them to some extent, but they will be on a very small scale. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment