Sunday, February 20, 2011

The art of listening.

G'day. I was just reading a blog by one of my favourite bloggers and it was about how when you have worries or problems, people sometimes respond by talking about themselves. How often have you done that? I know that in the past I have and there have been times while my mouth is running away about "ME" that I realise I need to shut up. I try very hard to listen and I think that I am a good listener as I really like what people have to say. I make a concious effort to keep my trap shut now when someone wants to talk and have found that by doing that there are many benefits. Not a great many people have aquired the art of being a good listener and sometimes it is not easy, the desire to speak can be powerfull. Another pet hate of mine is people that butt in during conversations and once again I am guilty. I was talking on the phone a few days ago to a friend and he was saying about his holiday in New Zealand and he mentioned a place he had visited and while he was talking I butted in and said "Yes, we loved it there" I was aware that as soon as I spoke I had done the wrong thing and I apologized. We have a daytime entertainment show here in Oz and the host continually butts in while her guests are talking and it really grates on my nerves and yet here I was doing the same thing.I can't promise that I won't do either of those things ever again, but I will try a lot harder. The picture has nothing what so ever to do with what I have been carrying on about, but, this is my blog and I like the pic so I included it. It is a Banskia Rose and when in full bloom as it is in the pic it is a beautiful  sight. It has grown considerably since this photo was taken. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment