Sunday, February 27, 2011

The best laid plans of mice and men.....

Well, my best laid plans for the weekend, didn't exactly work out as I had hoped. Do they ever? Had to go up to our only neighbours on Friday afternoon and of course I stayed longer than I intended to. When her husband came home from work, he said "That hubby of your's is keen, he's belting around on the ride on mower" Shock horror, that was my Saturday morning job. Oh well, too late now, he was just about finished by the time I got back. The grand plan  about him not doing anything the whole weekend was a major flop as well. After having breakfast Saturday morning I don't think he came back into the house at all until it was time for tea and the same pretty much applied to Sunday also. I took him a cup of coffee and a sandwich for lunch on Sunday and remarked about "What happened to spending the weekend inside"and quick as a flash he said"I'll be in in a minute". Ha, ha, didn't see him for a good two hours or more. He watched a fishing show on telly then after that was finished he said"I just have to finish something in the machinery shed, won't take long" No sign of him for another couple of hours. Oh well, it could be worse I suppose. Maybe next weekend will be the one, but who am I kidding!!! The picture has no relevance whatsoever to quiet weekends or anything else for that matter, but it is a picture I took last year and I happen to like it. We don't often get a heavy fog here, but this one really rolled in, when I was in one of the paddocks checking a water trough I looked at these trees and you couldn't even see them the fog was so thick, by the time I got back to the house and managed to locate the camera, it had cleared slightly. This pic is one of my favourites. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment