Monday, February 14, 2011

The value of friendship

G'day. The old wheelbarrow was a gift from a very close friend. She gave me this old treasure a few years ago now, as you can see the tyre is off the rim and everytime I try to put it back on it just falls off again. I have a couple of these old wheelbarrows, all filled with lovely colourfull flowers and they are dotted here and there in the garden. This one is especially important as my friend who gave it to me has now been gone exactly twelve months today. She passed away after a long battle with lung cancer, she was only 56 years old. I seem to take more care with this barrow, making sure it always has pretty flowers in it and even though the other ones are just as nice, this is the one that always brings a smile to my face. Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment